Saturday, October 1, 2011

No replies from candidates in my riding of Glengarry-Prescott-Russell

I sent out five questions to the "big four" candidates in my riding to see if they would answer questions about rights and moral principles.  So far I have not had any response.  I guess I should not be surprised, but I had hoped they would at least provide something along the lines of their usual evasive replies.  I will reduce the number to three, soften and re-send them.

----------------------------------------
1. Currently, the market in health care services is in severe shortage. Do you believe doctors have the right to run their own business, choose their own patients and charge their own fees, and do citizens have the right to use their own money to obtain whatever services they choose?  If not, what is the moral principle you rely on to restrict the rights of doctors and citizens?

2. Do you believe it is moral for the rights of individuals to be overridden by a majority vote? If so, please identify the moral principle you rely on to support your position.

3. Do you believe there is a natural, human liberty to peacefully pursue your own life, so long as you respect the same right of others, and the right to keep what you produce through your own efforts? Please elaborate as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment